View Single Post
Old 2012-03-28, 05:54   Link #8
kuromitsu

Amata, oh Amata. He's my favorite character in the show. He may not seem like a very complex character and he's definitely not treated as such so far, but I think he's much better off for it. From the entire cast he he's the one who feels the most "real" to me, powers notwithstanding.

I love that he's not the hot-headed, arrogant, "DOWN WITH AUTHORITY I MAKE MY OWN RULES" type character we usually get in these shows. He's nice and gentle without taking it too far - he doesn't look for conflict but is not the sort that goes around forgiving enemies and avoiding fighting. And while he is a bit naive and awkward he's not stupid at all. As Zaresh said he can be pretty snarky, and while he doesn't have a huge attitude he's not a pushover. He's strong and determined when he needs to be, and while he has his moments of angst about his past and his mom he's pretty good at dealing with it instead of wallowing in it which is a huge plus. And I like that despite everything he's really serious about Mikono without his feelings wandering all over the place. Also, he's really cute and adorable. Awww.

As with Mikono the way he's being treated by the writers is really not doing him any justice, but since he's the main character I expect more focus on him in the second half. After all, there are still mysteries about him waiting to be explained.