View Single Post
Old 2012-10-13, 23:22   Link #1335
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Hm, I don't remember much about the election of 2008 (I was too busy angsting over a troubled love lifes, lols); I've been much more attentive this time around. I can't imagine why Obama would've had so much animosity against him, even after four years of him being a not-so-great president I still have no problem admitting that on a personal level he's a very charming and likable guy. As for Romney, people seem to think he's either the spawn of Satan or a decent guy with not much in between (and I find it hard to consider such claims as being anything except white noise considering that I've had 25 years to learn than many people who others demonize do not deserve it), but the story Paul Ryan gave at the Vice-Presidential debate about him coming over to a stranger's home for Christmas and offering to pay for their college - and without telling anyone about the story, at that - gives me faith that he's a good person, even if I disagree with several of his political stands. I'm glad that he probably won't slow down stem cell research the way George W. did, either.
I wouldn't trust some story Paul Ryan told at the VP debate that was to make Romney look good by pulling at people's heart strings. The debates this year have definitely been about putting on a show as opposed to actual debating. Joe Biden did the same, pretending to be very emotional while telling an emotional account.

But yeah, Romney ain't good. He is very out of touch with so many other people. For example, read this article (it isn't too long): http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/blog...much_acco.html

There are many other times I've seen him be insensitive, inconsiderate, and out of touch with the average American. Romney has been wealthy all his life. He could endanger student loans. What was his advice to students he gave a speech to? "Just ask your parents for money". Mitt, for millions of Americans, they can't just ask their parents for large sums of money. He just thinks most students can just ask for $10,000, $20,000, $25,000 dollars. He is out of touch with the average American. Like so many other GOP officials, he is so outta touch with women.

Here is the 47 percent video that was leaked:

He thinks that the 47% of people that don't pay income tax are all democratic supporters and he thinks all of them are on welfare (and he basically calls them and anyone on welfare 'moochers'). It turns out most of the 47% of people he was talking about live in red states, too. Some of that 47% are republican supporters, so he insulted many of his own supporters. Some of them are the undecided voters that he tried to give praise to in that video. But yeah, Mitt Romney thinks 47% of the American populace aren't 'true Americans' that really matter. In fact, he plain doesn't like them. He is running for president and he doesn't really want to stand for 47% of the American populace (and apparently from his misconceptions in the video, he really doesn't want to be a president for a single democratic supporter). Yet, you still see people with Romney signs on their property that say "Romney: Believe in America". Yeah, because he really believes in America alright.

I've seen a number of other things from Romney that are bad. I mean, another thing is that even his supporters don't know what he stands for. He just keeps changing his stances on things so much. No one really knows what he stands for. He is saying whatever it'll take to get elected. He is lying to his supporters by changing his stances so wildly. He is just saying whatever in an attempt to become president. And it is working for a lot of GOP supporters. They are falling for it. Hey, with so many of them, it don't matter, just so long as they can 'get rid of the black man'.

There is also the Bain Capital thing. Romney won't let details emerge about him and a company he was with. What it is he is accused with, if it is actually true, it'd be a felony, and it'd make Mitt Romney a felon.

Oh, another thing, he politicized the attacks on the U.S. embassy in Libya. Some Americans died and some American allies died and Mitt jumped on to this (and he didn't have his facts straight) and used things about it (and like I said, his accusations were on things that weren't true because he didn't have his facts straight) to be a way to attack Obama and try to make himself look good in the process. A real scumbag move. One of many with this guy.

Another thing, he launched political attacks on Obama for "not being tough enough" on China, but some years ago, Romney exported a lot of jobs that Americans could've had over to China for easy money.

There is a lot more bad things to be said about Romney. Romney is bad. It is that simple.

Last edited by Urzu 7; 2012-10-13 at 23:35.