View Single Post
Old 2004-07-11, 05:50   Link #39
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Thanks, my parents weren't exactly proud of me but its nice to know someone is.

Fun and originality are two things I'm definetly trying to achieve with this game. I think the MAPS system is going to be the most original feature in the game (and hurrah because it was my original idea!). The game will be for free and will not be sold. I want this game to be my gift back to the open source community, which I firmly believe in. Since the game is going to be released one piece at a time, it will get kind of redundant and annoying to post in this thread every single time we release a new module, and plus it would kinda be self-advertisement/spam. But all the latest news and releases will be made available on the game website at http://www.allacrost.org. Also I'm going to activate an announcement mailing list in the next few days so you can subscribe to that if you want to receive news about the project in your mailbox.

As for how to wirte linear storyline, my best advice is to write out the foundations for the story before you even think about the game. When you try to make the storyline and the game together at the same time, I think it's harder to pull off. Instead, write your story as if you were writing a fiction novel, and erase from your mind the fact that it will be a game. I can't give you much advice because I mean hey, this is my first shot at it. You must use your imagination and stretch it to its limits to write a good story I believe.

As for becomming a true game maker, heh, that was something that I thought I wanted to be when I was 17 or 18, but now its just what I want to be as my hobby. My real dream (I think) is to design advanced computer hardware/software that helps make the world a better place.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote