View Single Post
Old 2012-04-10, 18:03   Link #133
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Finally got to see the episode. Goddam easter lol.

But back to the show, despite it looking better and better for KaguraXMikono, I dunno, it seems more and more likely to me that Amata wins in the end. Okada seems to like the formula of "develop AxB first half, make it seem BxC is more probable in the second half, but finish it off with AxB in the end," and Aquarion Evol is starting to reek of it.

That said, Kagura putting on a dere side is adoreable, and it looks like Mikono was moved by it. I called it in a previous episode that Kagura speaks 'backwards' (at least to Mikono), and am glad Mikono realizes this. And now she literally saves his life? I for one am going to milk all these squee moments for what it is worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well sometimes they can be fun, but most times they're just stressful...
As with anything else, shipping in regards to complicated love polygons is all about perspective. It's only really stressful when you worry episode in and episode out whether your ship will sail.

Once you have wholly accepted that you have a good chance to lose (realistically the larger the polygon the lesser your odds of winning), and that there is life (or other ships) after your current ship, then its all fun from then on. You can NOT win with every ship, so why worry if your current one will? Just have fun rooting for them.

As I said before, it's those people who have closed their minds to other possibilities are those who rage more. Punches you don't see hurt the most, so as long as you can understand where other ships are coming from, why they ship the way they do, and see how the story can evolve to accommodate their pairings, you should be fine.

Quote:
Plus you cant really say anything in support of your favorite pairing without starting a chain reaction of some sort so you have to watch your words...
Actually whole shipping wars start when one person from a particular group states that their opinion is better than another person's, or that person think's the other person's ship has next to no chance of happening.

But just simply stating that you support your pairing? You might get a few eyebrow's raised if its particularly offbeat, but you won't have ships zerg rushing you just because you stated an opinion

Examples...

"I really think that Kagura and Mikono look good together." - ok

"KaguraXMikono is so obvious will be the final couple " -definite shipping war flame bait

"AmataXMikono is pretty much doomed to fail" -better run for the hills, as you specifically called out a particular ship

Quote:
Complicating relationships are complicating for everybody.
Iunno, the more the merrier I say.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)