Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-21, 12:49   Link #2717
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Speaking of Naru I can't imagine that was how they intended her to turn out at the start of the series. I can't escape this feeling that something went horribly horribly wrong in production after the first 3 episodes cause it feels almost like a totally different series, cast and tone between when Ao was on the island and when he left. There was no sign of Truth, time line fuckery or Naru being a manipulative power hungry bitch, just a story of a guy who was ostracized by the people around him and was looking to find his mother. That in itself could have made a perfectly compelling story if combined with a solid cast like the series looked to be building up at first, but then we get monster of the week fights with the likes of Elena, Team Goldilocks, Truth and post island arc Naru and then it's followed up with this nonsensical timeline/rebooting plot that just drags on and ends with little development to the characters that makes any sense at all for more than an episode at a time. Also utterly pointless sidestories like the Miller one, Ao leaving GB and the search for Magi take up time to absolutely no benefit of anything whatsoever.

I'm hoping we get one of those what went wrong in production spiels like we sometimes get when a studio knows they fucked up huge and somehow I'm sure BONES knows they botched this completely and utterly.
Jesus , yeahh
Thanks
i remind that now and that was cool

Yeah , after that it was blown away
i remember hating truth the first time i saw it and especially when he took people appaerence

At this point i was only looking the series for dogfights and that's all

The Bleu generation is awful , naru is kinda cool in the beginning and get awful when she start her terrorist act , the father of fleur , awful gendo-cool wannabe
I mean , if the series stayed at ostracisation and the hero trying to beat those secret and get people love him it would be really cool and...

...Deja-vu but better than what i saw.

At least it's not a 52 episodes tv series.
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote