View Single Post
Old 2011-09-02, 21:56   Link #1077
Muan

I think Ringo has been screaming "The Ring is MINE!" for long enough now that her end can't be far. Still, when the reprehensible character is a girl, there is no moral event horizon, so the writers will, I think, very likely give her a heel face turn at some point and its going to suck for the story (especially if she is "redeemed through the power of love"). The only real way to save this is to let Ringo fall on her face and let her world fall around her, then let her realize it was all a bunch of lies to begin with and she's better off now without all the crap she's losing. Chances of her handling that without the use of a utility knife and a warm bath are slim to none though so I think we can count on the power of lover and/or friendship to cheese things up.

Enough being pessemistic, though, what exactly is Ringo accusing Sho of around 19:30? He... doesn't care about Himari... but he wants a happy family life... ? Does he like Kanba? First of all, if Sho doesn't care about Himari, could have fooled me. Is she saying he's like Kanba and doesn't think of Himari as a sister? Is that what she's saying? Or is it that Sho secretly HATES EVERYONE but doesn't want to cause any trouble?