Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2009-07-29, 17:13   Link #1242
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullchukka View Post
Reading people's dating issues is hard stuff. Too many issues.. xD

So, we have some advice giving people in this thread, some of them appeal to my personal point of view too, but in my case, I can not look my problem from another point of view, so I'm asking help - well, direction.

*cough* Explanation first:
We met at a forum 3-4 years ago, we are seeing each other in real life for 3-4 years also. We're as close as people can get, literally. But we're not a "dating couple." I've always liked her, and she confessed she always felt some chemistry between us, but we just couldn't be together - we were just too precious for each other to ruin it.

Now I'm leaving for another country to study. We had a very very depressive month; due to my leaving. We won't be seeing each other for a year (repeating for each year for the next 3-4 years), and I'll only be able to come back here for about 1 month - at my summer holidays.

I've left to another town for about a week and a half before leaving my country, now I'm staying here, and I'll be departing from my present town - not the town where she lives. So we've already lived our 'last moments', a very very sad farewell.

Now I have the chance to invite her to my present town, where she always wanted to visit, for about 2~ days before my departure to another country. I've invited her, and asked her to think about it. She will be giving her answer within some days.

Does this make me a bad person? Since she already had to go through the trouble to give me a farewell (which was really really heart crushing to both of us as you can imagine), now just when she thinks she won't be seeing me for a year, I invite her to stay for 2 more days before I leave; thus making her experience another farewell...
I really was charising 2 more days spent with her, but the other side of this story (making her feel another farewell) seems like a horrible thing to do. I'd love to see her once more for 2 more days, and I KNOW she would love to see me too.. one more time.

Are the 2 last days spent together worth another farewell?
Precious moments together are often hard to find so personally, i would give it another try. While it does make goodbyes a bit hard but it also made the times you spent together extra sweet.

I had the same thing awhile ago, while the 2 days we had spent was memorable, the extra day we manage to squeeze before i had to fly off made it even better. Having bittersweet memories are better than having none imo.