View Single Post
Old 2010-12-30, 17:28   Link #6838
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
The way we deal with Magmaw's parasites is - have a DK *waves* go frost and spec Chilblains, pop Blood Presence and spam Howling Blast on them - makes dealing with the adds a complete faceroll. The Dk can hit them from distance with HB, and the adds will be glued to him due to Blood Presence. (Make sure he is the first to hit the adds with HB before the rest of you move in). From there on he can simply kite them, while you take down the adds at your leisure, which will be nicely packed up, slowed, and obediently following your DK.
Well I am the DK of the group apparently, so I should probably do that, but my dps is always on the top of the raid. But I'm sure controlling the parasites is more important then dealing damage on Magmaw.

Quote:
In other news, Cho'gall went down yesterday, which leaves us with Al'Akir and Nefarian to tackle. A shame our usual frapser was absent, so we didn't get to document the kill. The fight isn't too terrible to execute and the mechanics are fairly straight forward, but quite punishing if you fail at them ... which will become evident in last phase, if you go in there with corruption stacked high. Overall, the fight is a fairly tight DPS race during second phase. Took us a good number of tries, but in the end greed for epics conquers all.
wow Skyfall, you already downed Cho'Gall? o.o