View Single Post
Old 2007-10-11, 00:36   Link #96
therationalpi

Fantastic trainwreck. If it manages to fool you into thinking it's an innocent anime, it catches you off guard and starts a tragic spiral. You can clearly start to see where problems are gonna happen, but you just have to keep watching to see what will happen. With morbid fascination, you see more and more people get pulled into the mess, until everyone's involved and those deepest in have no clear way out.

A few people have complained that the ending is contrived, or even that the whole series is flawed and unrealistic. However, I think the story gives us a "Perfect Storm," in terms of just the wrong people making just the wrong moves at just the wrong time. No one acts as a voice of reason, everyone is flawed, and every individual action just makes things worse. The ending really was good becuase it took this to its logical end. Simply put, nothing more can go wrong after that end.

Still, my rating was...
8/10

Why so high? It was a good trainwreck, the music was awesome, it was unexpected, it was different for the genre, and it was emotionally intense.

Why so low? Although the series was good, and memorable, there were a few issues I had from a direction point of view. Too many fanservicey shots of the girls really bothered me, for some reason.