Thread: BakaSan's Site
View Single Post
Old 2004-04-30, 19:38   Link #162
Khar
Shin-Otaku Editor

Send a message via AIM to Khar
Hi. I'm an editor/encoder of Shin-Otaku. Our translators are going to be away this weekend, so most likely you're going to be left with us.

Bakasan, first of all, why didn't you come to us before accusing us of theft and letting all those rumors start? It would have been the mature thing to do. All you had to do was talk to us. We don't make our presence unknown even if we aren't that active on this forum. But, theft aside, as you suggested.

Why didn't you contact the translator you're being rude to privately about her "horrible translations" she didn't even translate? Yes, that's right. She didn't translate 81. Our other translator did. And keep in mind that he's still rather new to this, and if any mistake was made, it was probably a rather small one, insignificant to the episode itself. Yes, episode. We are not translating from the manga. We are translating from the anime. If you have a problem with that, than don't watch the anime. There have been differences, and there are going to be differences between the two mediums. You best just get used to that. The last I spoke to Kidd (like I said, she's away now, gone for the weekend), she informed me that she did not hear the word organization anywhere in that part of the episode. But I won't speak for her officially, or our other translator. My point is that if you were really bothered by the translation, you should have done 2 things: 1. Became informed of who was actually translating this episode. We don't keep our IRC rooms a secret. 2. Contacted US. Not posting random rather insulting commentary on a thread at Narutard Central, aka AnimeSuki (sorry, you know it's true). That's all you had to do. Contact us. Your post is extremely uncessary, and rather rude at that. It's obvious to me at this point that your intent wasn't to contact our translator, but rather to expose some sort of "trash" about our group for all the Narutards to oogle over, so more rumors can be spread.

That's why the rumors started, and that's why they're continuing. If you want to continue having ideas and commentary about who we are and what we do, be mature about expressing those ideas and comments. Contact us.

Aside from all that, yes, you will be missed in the community. Your releases were quite remarkable, and we have never made it our goal to be faster than you, or take you out of the playing field. We're doing this for us, because we enjoy it. Our goal in our releases? Quality without compromising speed. Yeah, we're not perfect. Our translations may have a few bugs still. But we're new. Give us time. And next time, if you want to help out, do so in a mature manner, please. That's all we ask.
Khar is offline   Reply With Quote