View Single Post
Old 2008-09-05, 21:02   Link #314
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
I didn't say I was talking about this particular episode. You seemed to be saying that these comments come up all the time in all the episode threads. I'm just saying that there are definitely times where people's complaints are perfectly legit. For instance, episodes 17 and 20...yeah I thought Ranka was extremely immature in those episodes regardless of what I think of the shipping stuff. Not that there isn't bashing going on in relation to the shipping, but it's not all like that.

I actually didn't have an issue with Ranka this episode. I mean, she was barely in it...nothing really to say about her.
Actually most of the comments I was referring to were talking about how Ranka was immature in the whole Ai-kun situation. I admit Ranka has been immature before but I actually felt she was pretty mature in that scene and yet people use it to hold it against her and why she would be no good for Alto.

Oddly enough I do believe that scene marked the end of Ranka/Alto but it has nothing to do with Ranka's personality flaws. I do think Ranka had an ideal of Alto that was not the real Alto and I think she realized this by the end of the episode.

But as you said Ranka was barely in this episode so why is her immaturity and character flaws being brought up once again? It just gets tiresome.