View Single Post
Old 2012-11-30, 18:34   Link #1659
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I see.. now it's much clearer now I also still have some problem understanding Shizuku's resonance in ice destruction, but I think I can understand it if I re-read it..

Seriously, even if we know that he's a genius, it's a shame that no one had even realized that the loop cast system is crucial in that magic except everyone from FLT. Though that probably because no one really understand it except for Silver..
Resonance is a principle in physics, I believe. When an object meets its natural frequency, the amplitude increases. Suppose a metal bar has a frequency of 1 Hz (1 per second). When it is hit, it deforms as follows:

| --> ( --> | --> ) --> |

The total time for it to go through that sequence is 1 second (1 Hz, so 1 set of motions per second). If it is hit again after 1 second (its natural frequency), the amplitude of its deformation would increase, so it would probably be more like this:

| --> (( --> | --> )) --> |

If the bar is hit at intervals of 1 second, the amplitude gets larger and larger until the object can no longer handle the strain and breaks. That is what is meant by Resonance.

In this case, Shizuku uses Domain whateverwhatever to buy herself time so she could find the natural frequency of the ice (or ground, I guess?).

Also, I'm not sure if Loop Cast is actually critical to the magic. It was a magic her mother and she specialize in. It's not repeatedly adding in a single vibration, but causing the earth to vibrate at a set frequency. Even if Loop Cast was "necessary," it is possible she is one of the talented Magicians who could naturally cast magic repeatedly. She is number 2 or 3 in the year, after all.