View Single Post
Old 2009-03-01, 00:29   Link #5482
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Meanwhile, it's very easy to find a good deal of reasons virtually devoid of plotholes to send the Nahoha cast to Academy City. Index, Academy City and its advanced Psychic programs, the Angel Fall incident and so on and so on.
More elaboration in a while...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post
The trouble with that is that if you send the Nanoha Cast to Academy city, then Academy City IS going to then develop Transdimensional travel

the moment they know it's possible, some person or group or other is going to try it...

and when they succeed?

the Bureau categorically does not like Outies...

I can't see Academy city kowtowing to Bureau rule though...

hence, it's War!
Not like the Bureau is gonna come through the front door! That's just going to contravene Article 8B of the Non-Administrated World Act and destabilize an entire world! Covert operation, like how Chrono and gang operated in S1 and A's.

Though if they tried to develop it, then there's always black ops intervention. But without Tree Diagram it's gonna be a lot slower.

Quote:
Well, we did have an angel avoiding being touched by his right hand at all costs. However, in the end he never touched her, so we don't know what would have happened had he done so.

Regardless, there always comes a point when fans start to over think things, and I think you kinda reached that point there with the 'he should have destroyed the universe 'cause he's touching it' thing.
Which is why I sense a mortal link, hinged on Imagine Breaker, professed that both sides only know a bit of the whole picture...

...after all, because that Imagine Breaker exists, and works as it should in Toumaverse, that shows Toumaverse magic and esp aren't very different and something connects them such that he doesn't blow the world he's touching up. Canon has not revealed everything, and the fact that Imagine Breaker is catalogued but not understood by one side and completely missed out on the other, the fact that Rank 0 exists... Canon itself can be doubted. The truth is still out there. As such, as much as the thought of God and the Angels actually being just really really powerful and interactive illusions erks you, it's not above a Japanese writer.

In other words, everyone's doing some form of lesser Ars Magna, from espers replacing reality with their own delusions, to mages casting spells from memory, to "God" existing. Only Ars Magna states it in your face (like how I used to do fanon), but because everyone has different perspectives on the subject they go "OMFG he's h4xxing" (and a very familiar reaction for me too).

Once this is settled, we can then see that mages from Nanoverse are different. The Wolkies escape because they are hardcoded by a book which has no imagination, and that magic itself comes from the heart rather than the mind

Quote:
As for weaknesses, the arm itself is his weakness. He only has his right arm, nothing else. As long as it doesn't touch his right arm, anything can hurt him. Dragon's Breath destroyed a good part of his brain, Kaoiri's wires nearly cut him to pieces, Izzard incapacitated, shot and cut him, Accelerator was using him as a pinball... Really, it's only because of plotwriting that Touma is even alive at all. And that's in his own series. The Nanoha cast has it even easier, Nanoha... heck Teana can attack from all sides using Accel Shooter or Crossfire respectively, and Subaru could tear him to shreds, even if he can probably blick her IS, her Cyborg strength is purely mechanical.
Notice how it's all been one-on-one combat thus far. I doubt he'd survive getting ganked by Toumaverse adversaries, much less attacked by a magical riot control force trained in non-lethal combat, or the 100 Belkaneus Adeptess who've mastered the Art of War! He's usually smart enough to start running.

As for my side of when Touma and Nanoha Collide:
Spoiler for To Aru Tsundere no Kaleidoscope:
*burp* That was therapeutic.