View Single Post
Old 2009-05-16, 11:25   Link #47
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
To those asking why the man assumed to be Ohsugi captured by Johnny Taker is only posting shots of the room at some random message board, he's most likely using the Internet capabilities of his phone to upload the pictures of the room through the phone service provider. Believe it or not some people are so good with their phones they can literally do it with their phones behind their backs. It's more or less the only thing he CAN do, not like he can actually use the phone to make a call and talk...
I understand it's not a bad thing to make photos and upload it somewhere.
But wouldn't it be easier to write down where he is, what has happened with him and send it to someone who could do something about it? Or even if he post it to the very same imageboard, it's bound to find it's way to the authorities, if he write some semi-coherent message with a few typos in it.

Regarding the police (though I have no idea how overstretched the Japanese 察 is), if he makes enough background noise, by desperately groaning or snapping his fingers (especially if he could even enable his loudspeaker options on the phone), and maybe deliberately pranking them by recalling them several times etc, they would trace the call and send someone to check it out sooner or later. (At least most countries where I've lived so far in Europe would do that).

I honestly can't imagine, what sort of rescue he expects by posting random pictures of a room without any information whatsoever on an imageboard.
I'm pretty sure eventually Akira has to use his Juiz phone to locate him, but did Oosugi (or whoever he is) expected such solution? Unlikely. Then what was his plan?

Edit. Thanks to Schneizel/Miasmacloud and her blog, I can see the connection with the apple now too. Since the apple is the icon for the group, he most probably pictured that down (and that's the reason he is using pictures in the first place), so whoever gonna see the picture who's already familiar with the club, is going to know it's possibly him.
Yeah but how are they going to find him? Just because we know he is really the missing Oosugi, we still cannot pinpoint his location to save him. The background of a random room is still not sufficient enough to estimate his whereabouts.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-05-16 at 12:43. Reason: additional stuff