Thread: Licensed Strike Witches 2
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-19, 22:46   Link #1097
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

->Joff:

My opinions on this one has no solid proof or basis and thus shouldn't be considered seriously (LoL I sound like the people from that certain Tropical Cyclone forum or something )

Anyway, Humikane sensei probably still doesn't care.. or perhaps he's forced to keep opinions to himself.. given the "Corporate" factors..

You see, the Strike Witches originally DID NOT have a plot at all it seems.. Compared to the other anime titles we have that either started from games, novels and manga...

Strike Witches were just mere illustrations of WWII era combat Aircraft Gijinka aka Mecha Musume/Shoujo.. It seems that the plot was just added later... an average type imo..

Anyway, Strike Witches was something animation companies randomly found out They thought they might make a good profits from it, considering how popular Moe, fanservice and yuri elements nowadays..

As for Humikane, criticizing the ones that gave him the "prestige" (AIC & Gonzo, includes the directors and staff) would be a financial and perhaps a career suicide.

He's just a mere illustrator and character designer..

His works being turned into anime might be something similar to a privilege given to him than a right.. Should he speak against those "big people" and he should be prepared to pack his bags and go to another company or field.

It's just like how offending your boss would be grounds for termination from your company...

It's wordy.. but anyway, that's what I think why Humikane himself has no negative reactions on Strike Witches 2 amidst most fans being disappointed..

Last edited by pauldy; 2011-08-20 at 00:17.
pauldy is offline   Reply With Quote