View Single Post
Old 2012-10-21, 00:48   Link #48
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
In any project, team members have to balance quality with time and cost. If it were possible, I would love nothing more than to take all the time and money I need to ensure that an article is fully copy-edited, fact-checked, sub-edited and proofread. Not once, but thrice-over.

Unfortunately, I don't. I am forced to execute the best I can within my constraints.

I imagine the same agony exists for many anime production committees
I'm unclear what you you are getting at here. I wrote quite clearly about productions where little effort was required to turn out a product that at least made back its investment (simplistically put, doing a job is not the same as doing a good job). So, I am unsure what that has to do with the dilemma of any artist (or worker) when it comes to time management.

That being said, you managed to in one post turn mere competency into something to strive for. I'd hope it goes without saying that everyone should always strive for their best in what ever field you are a part of and aiming for averagedom should not be encouraged (though it is a natural state for quite a few productions).

Quote:
If I were in their position, I would feel very much like saying, "Hmm, OK. Thanks for telling me the obvious. Unless you have more specific advice to help me cope with my specific challenges, I'll get on with my job...
I did give specific "advice" (establishing a criteria by which an "execution" can be qualified as "good"). Whether you agree my "advice" counts as good criteria to use or simply insufficient for our very subjective definition, is an actual discussion (which I do not care to have this late hour), but claiming that there was no advice at all is false.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong. I'm all for getting feedback from viewers. But when the feedback basically amounts to, "You know, your 'execution' sucked, why couldn't you have done it the way so-and-so done it in this-and-that project, which I thought was great (I don't really care if that this-and-that project wasn't what you were trying to achieve, just give me what I want)... Well, that's not really what I call constructive feedback.
I am doubly confused now. Your hypothetical(s) seem to have little to do with anything I've written...

Last edited by james0246; 2012-10-21 at 14:50.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote