View Single Post
Old 2008-11-19, 00:44   Link #1
sezen_atacan

Question Does or will east asia get along?

I know I am suppose to ask this question on an actual Japan related forum but then I will have to dig through heaps of "ultra-nationalist" replies to get any real answers.....

China seems to be the most demonized nation out there, unfortunately nobody seems to feel any remorse for the casual guy stuck in between tough politics. Problematic products and strict government media control in China created a perfect formula for the Anti-Chinese movement in Japan because the Japanese government and nationalists use this as so-called "credible evidence" and many in Japan seems the claim that because products are bad and fabricated that the holocaust is fabricated.

Kim Il's missile tests and the infamous manga called "hate korean wave" seems to be only fire being fought with fire. While the "Red Scare" might be a fad and a joke in the west nowadays, in Japan it is still a tremendous issue. On top of the economic crisis instead of Japan-China-Korea all working together they are waste time and tax money with finger pointing and creating fear and smear campaigns against each other. Then you've got those occasional crazy baffoons with loud speakers driving those trucks in Tokyo downtown annoying rush hour people with pointless nationalistic rants and spuring hatred in general.

I understand there may be room for co-operation and tolerance seeing how there are half-japanese half-chinese half koreans here but I was wondering if you will think if it will get worse or better??

If conflict on military scale happens, it might be enough to classify as a world war due to the sheer numbers of manpower and multiple alliances involved.

What do you think??
sezen_atacan is offline   Reply With Quote