View Single Post
Old 2008-11-19, 17:13   Link #18
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
It's more interesting that you even spelled the South Korean president's surname wrong; it's actually Lee Myung Bak. South Korea is very supportive of North Korea, it is quite obvious. Not just that they were providing them financial aid, South Korea was against the idea of sanctioning North Korea prior to the US blacklist removal. However, most of the South Koreans are not very happy with the idea of merging with North Korea, because it will greatly impact their economy in a negative light.p
No actually its Yi , since Yi is more closer to 이 than Lee. I can't really comment on South Korea being against idea of sanctioning North Korea as I don't know much about the subject but I do know that Yi Myung Bak was supposedly more pro-US which means harder treatment towards the North. I guess someone like Kang could make the situation more clear. Also from what I seen Koreans do want unification. Of course we don't want to repeat what happened with Germany so I am sure the government will go for some kind of gradual unification. Can't really see us going against unifying our own country together.

Quote:
Truly, the concept of having one more friend is better than one more foe is true even between nations. However, it is going to be a path of difficulty. There are way too many issues to be dealt with prior to the strengthening of trilateral relations.

Edit #1 = fixed typo
Edit #2 = fixed syntax
And its more than the issue itself its more of the mentality of the people. For example go to Youtube and type anything between Korea, China, and Japan, and read the comments. You will see what I am talking about, those people will go crazy and use very offensive remarks at each other.