Thread: Licensed Tari Tari
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-14, 23:17   Link #1017
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
I know this will be chaotic and unrealistic, but sometimes I wish that we can do away with the rigid 1/2 cour system for anime. Of course, a good enough director/storyboarder can deal with that just fine, but often it just seems to cause pacing issues to me. Either they end up doing filler to make it to reach the quota, or having to compress stuff to be able to fit in stuff. That way, they can just do away with 8 eps if they've told enough of a story, or 16 if they feel one cour isn't just quite enough....

I don't know, maybe I'm hit by nostalgia when I was a kid watching TV, with no internet to check how much episodes are left, and is left with a sense of anticipation when each episodes end instead of speculating how the story will unfold in the future. Well, both has its merits, I guess.

To be more on-topic, I'm amused with how similar the arguments raised here are to the ones Konatsu received from the Vice Principal and her old choir-mates in this episode: "So now that you got your own Choir AnimeClub, are you actually going to do something with it? Do you have a plan or purpose that you're going to focus on with this thing you have, or are you just using it as an excuse to hang out and goof off with your friends?" A bit familiar, don't you think