View Single Post
Old 2009-11-04, 23:38   Link #2901
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
If ryukishi is saying "You can figure out what this story is about," or "You can figure out how I'm writing this story and where it's going to go," I totally agree. If he's saying "You can figure out some factual truths," I also agree. If he's saying either "You can figure out every factual truth" or "You can figure out the fundamental nature of this mystery," I can't agree to that.

That's really my only point.
Of course you can't figure out "every" factual truth. In what mystery can you ever know "every" factual truth for certain before the end? He even mentioned at one point that there are certain aspects you can't figure out yet, that there's a "best possible theory at the time". If you count Natsuhi's past from EP5, we know he doesn't literally mean this.

Also, if you're going to say "the fundamental nature of the mystery" can't be figured out, then you'll have to at least disprove my gold text theory. It doesn't explain the history behind the incidents or the details, but it does explain the Rules X Y and Z for Umineko and has a lot of support from in-game text. Sure, it's probably wrong, and there's no proof for it, but it might be right and I have a lot of evidence behind it.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote