james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Then what of this entire dialogue sequence:

In particular:

"You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding."

"I am beyond your comprehension."

"My kind transcends your very understanding."
This is standard big bad arrogant egotism (turn on any episode of Buffy (or really any action show/anime/comic/etc) and you'll see the same speech), trying to frighten weaker willed individuals (Saren). No more and no less. The fact that within a few days (in world time) of these lines an armada was able to destroy the voice should be a solid indicator that the Reapers are not "incomprehensible" or beyond "understanding" (and that's ignoring the fact that the Protheans already broke their biggest secret 50,000 years previous (biggest secret, of course, being the mass relays)). At best, the Reaper technology was 100 years beyond what the current cycles inhabitants could use (and if the Asari hadn't wasted the last 50,000 years trying to fuck everything in existence, the current cycle would have already surpassed the Reapers).

Cthulhu and other similar level creatures would literally destroy the minds of any who even attempt to talk or think about such creatures beyond the simplest of abstracts. And, absolutely nothing any mortal can do (or ever has done) can defeat such characters (you can defeat an Avatar of such characters, or delay the inevitable, but the actual beast itself is always beyond anything humanly possible). The Reapers have been defeated in the past, present and the future (if you choose the refuse ending), they are not the gods they claim to be.

Last edited by james0246; 2012-07-02 at 15:24.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote