View Single Post
Old 2010-05-05, 00:16   Link #9767
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
If I remember right didn't Shannon and Kanon come to the door to deliver tea and everyone was cheering after they entered? I think that was the reason for this red: Know that the letter never touched the serving cart. So shouldn't they have the ring before Shannon and Kanon entered the room?
My best guess at the moment is that Kanon, fed up with the Kinzo Phantom Conspiracy (he is not very approving of it from the beginning, for that matter) recovered the ring a few hours previously and kept it in his pocket. He has been waiting for an opportune moment to display it as the proof of the conspiracy which immediately removes all doubts that he is telling the truth. That's why he delivers tea together with Shannon, which we don't see him do very often. Hearing that Battler has discovered the gold, he immediately presents the ring, tells his story, and is readily believed and covered for.

Since Kanon is not 'the letter', and no letter existed in the first place, he can handle the serving cart all he wants and the red remains true. None of the red actually necessitates any letter to exist or knock to be heard -- all we hear about the letter in particular is 'never existed', 'never touched', 'never handled'... Well, it's easy to never handle a letter that was never there.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote