View Single Post
Old 2007-08-30, 20:59   Link #4
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamachi
Why are the newer gundams series (G, W, Seed, and possibly OO) so "fake"? Of course gundams are not real, but i meant fake in the sense that one gundam takes down numerous enemies without a scratch?
This isn't just true for the newer Gundam shows. In a way, all of the Gundam TV shows depict the protagonist only getting into significant trouble against his one or two "fated" rivals. This isn't so true for the UC OVAs, but it is for all of the longer works. It's not a particularly realistic way of depicting combat, but it seems to be what the fans like - most other mecha shows follow a similar formula.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamachi
I guess I just miss the old ones where they have mass military action (involving at least more than 5 gundams at once! And non-gundam MS actually make an impact).
There's no real difference between a non-Gundam mobile suit and one that happens to have some Gundam stylistic features and is given the Gundam moniker. On the other hand, if you prefer shows where Gundams aren't very different from the run of the mill mobile suit, I think that those days are long past.

Last edited by 4Tran; 2007-08-30 at 22:08.
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote