View Single Post
Old 2008-11-20, 06:30   Link #27
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I wouldn't say not jealous. The looks she was giving Ami was, imo, hate for being next to Ryuuji. This seemed evident in ep 6 as well, when Ami clung to Ryuuji early in the ep.

I gave it a 10, which i gave it an extra point for turning the generic "girl-A fights girl-B in some random contest for guy" plot into something memorable with excellent char development btw Ryuuji and Taiga. I honestly would have never suspected that she would honestly admit her feelings, let alone in front of everyone. I will admit though, it was quite random as hell, wayyyyyy out of left field >.>. Right now, she has the perfect balance in her angry and cute sides(least toward Ryuuji), it's incredibly enjoyable to watch her like that .
I would call that look annoying rather than jealous. You know, like annoying are two cooing pigeons early in the morning, disturbing your peace.

The whole deal looked like shrugged off very easily (which looked even more weird since they made the dramatic episode pause, but the whole situation ended in a few minutes without any impact).

In novels it was a big deal and we could see a lot of Taiga being jealous and caring for Ryuuji bit more than just a pet. It also had angst in it.

So the whole screaming scene at swimming pool though still looked off didn't look THAT random as it does in anime simply because you already know she have those strong feelings for him from the conflict with Ami.

In anime since the conflict with Ami was nothing big and shrugged off easily without any impact (which at that moment only strengthened the feeling that taiga do not care about Ryuuji that way) but now we get a random, specially in anime, confession coming totally out of the blue.

So they either had to play the whole Ami deal bit stronger to express Taiga's feelings better or if they follow the whole shrugging off Ami's deal and Taiga not being jealous, then soften this whole scene without making her yell out such strong words out of sudden.

For me it seems like the lack in directors work, as if he changes one scene in original anime way, but when the second scene still closely connected to the first comes, instead of changing it accordingly he suddenly chooses it following the novels closely, thus creating a disconnection.

Well it is not something big really, plus since it is JC Staff, you have to lower your standards a little, still I would wish bit more consistent directing.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2008-11-20 at 07:19.