Thread: Jin Kobayashi
View Single Post
Old 2010-05-15, 12:49   Link #120
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post

Great reply.
I understand everything you've mentioned, but even you state that the series was more tolerable because you read it all in one shot.

Myself, along with a few others had followed this series from the start for close to four years. That's why I become frustrated at Jin and not the series. You could tell when he was grasping for straws and when he suddenly had a few, short streaks of wonderful.

The latter did not happen often though and it's too much to ask of someone if they become fond of the characters, which you will with this series. That's what makes it all the more difficult to suggest to someone if they want a little more romance with the comedy.

Also Seto no Hayanome and Hayate no Gotoku are both better then this because they didn't flop around whenever they decided to take matters seriously. Seto in particular mixed the two perfectly, I would suggest that to anyone before School Rumble and Hayate just finished the most important arc it's ever had to date. Neither formed a dependence on misunderstandings for its material either.

I mean I don't hate on Jin for it, but I'm not about to go hiding the flaws of the series either, not when it's four years worth of material I'd suggest to someone to get into.

Also, I would loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove if you guys posted these replies on my blog, discussions like this are why I'm starting it up again, I thrive on them, haha.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!