View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 12:02   Link #165
novalysis

With the foreknowledge of the outlines of Kud's route, and the insecurities that Kud holds, I think the Kanata-Haruka situation, and the collapse in relations between Kanata and the rest of Kud's friendship circle actually becomes even more acute. Actually, I have a suspicion that Kud's route may well begin very soon after Haruka's route ends, and the implications of the Haruka route, and Kanata's role in it would probably bleed over into Kud's basic insecurities of not fitting in.

From Kud's perspective, you fear you are merely being tolerated, while fully aware you stick out like a sore thumb. And now, your room-mate, whom you are friends with has gotten into a horrific dispute with the general circle of friends you managed to acquire by some miracle. I think if the director is creative enough, the Haruka route may well bring forth Kud's insecurities to the fore.

And if they are going full on friendship for Kud, I suspect that what's happening between Kanata and the rest of the Little Busters may well be a trigger for the main friendship related point in Kud's route - mainly, acceptance in a foreign country rather infamous for not accepting foreigners easily. To Kud, I think the whole situation is reminding her starkly how potentially fragile (from her viewpoint, though Riki would clearly vehemently disagree) her relationships are.

It depends on whether Kud would play an even greater Anime Original role in the Haruka route adaptation, but I think if the script is written well enough, the anime could be able to slide into the Kud route straight after the Haruka route, since Kud's awkward position in the Haruka route would gel thematically well with her insecurities.