View Single Post
Old 2008-02-05, 12:37   Link #295
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Nah spout wont one shot kill, it hits for about 3.5-4K and throws you back 100 yards, but if you get stuck in the beam it will hit you repeatedly, so it is likely to get hit 2-3 times, which will kill almost anyone outside tanks, by the time you get back to the platform.

SSC has some of the most annoying bosses, my pet hate boss is Leotheras, I hate him so very much. Go Whirlwind off a cliff you blind bastard.

Kael'thas though, when you get to him (if you can stick with WoW that long) is a really fun fight, despite his movie length introduction speech about power and energy and how his people need it because the Sunwell asploaded. 20 minutes of epic goodness, although admittedly once you actually get to him proper, its fairly cut and dry, especially past 50%. Still, very epic.

For the most randomly chaotic fight ever. Archimonde. Airburst, Doomfire, Fear. One death can lead to the most spectacular chain reaction. Haven't killed him yet though, but it is a fun yet hectic fight. Finger of Death is awesome.

Its crazy how later game fights stress HP, we've taken to requiring that you have ~10K buffed minimum, simply because of the sheer damage boss AE's do coupled with our aussie pings. ~400ms per raider on average, I have no idea how I used to get ~200-250ms raiding back in the day, just one day it went all to hell.

Anyway... enough of that.

We don't use DKP anymore, our system is kinda unique I think (only one other guild use it, the designer of it who was a former member anyway). We let the members decide, no rolls. Each class (leader) puts forward one person (makes it easy for single class items!), then those people compare and decide who gets the best upgrade, in class discussions are pretty quickly down if not already done prior to the raid, in raid can take a little bit of time but nothing excessive. Officers have last say, so we act more like magistrates if people cant make a decision. Its a bit slower then DKP, some high priority items take a little discussion. We have not had any major outbursts with it yet, and have been using it since BC came out. Have a good spread of items across people to. Whole process usually takes about 6-7 minutes tops per boss, has only blown out beyond 10 a couple times in the whole year we have used the system.

Well, we've just started SSC and for the next few weeks we are going to go in there to learn about the bosses as apposed to, What they do, specials, how hard they hit, etc... and figure out a stradigy that will work for us when fighting these bosses.
siya is offline   Reply With Quote