View Single Post
Old 2012-12-15, 15:43   Link #8
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
O_O Well, this was unexpected. Might be a silly request, but maybe in these final days, you could make it so that more than just the most recent five reps show up in the User Control Panel (as you mentioned as being possible here)? It was always flattering when someone said something positive about my posts, so it would be nice to be able to Ctrl + S those years of memories.
Yeah, as I mentioned there, the problem is that there is no pagination, so if I make it too big the page will just be huge. And also, I worry a bit about reviving old grudges/sore spots if negative rep is also resurfaced. Let me think about it a bit to see if there's some other way.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I know some message boards where rudeness and flamewars are tolerated much more than they are here, and I'd hate to see Anime Suki descend to such levels. So I hope that's something that will continue to not be tolerated here on Anime Suki.
Trust me, this is not going to change. In fact, one of the contributing factors was that rep was seen as a place where this sort of rudeness and flaming was tolerated, even though it was actually still against the rules. If people use the threads as "outlets", we won't be more merciful just because rep is taken away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I do have one forum suggestion I'd like to make, and it's tied to the decision to get rid of rep. Would it be best if I made that suggestion on this thread, or started a new thread with it?
If it's directly related to future possible rep systems (etc.), then here is okay, but if it's just another suggestion precipitated by this decision, then perhaps a new thread is better. One thread one topic and all...