Thread: Licensed Tenjo Tenge!
View Single Post
Old 2004-04-03, 04:47   Link #45
emessen

Quote:
Ok, I'm not getting totally involved in this "manga vs anime" or "manga has no story to begin with" argument. But with regard to this let me just say: just take it for what it is. Nowadays people demand a visible, coherent and teleological plot--like it's supposed to go somewhere with a purpose in mind.
tell that to the people in this thread who are trying to sell the story as something deep
and profound... that has good character development and actual plot

Quote:
I already see the problem here, which couldn't be avoided. We are comparing the anime to manga, which is somewhat unfair considering the fact that only 1 episode has been shown. True the manga is definately better in the art aspects, but I don't let that deter me from watching the anime
this is INEVITABLE... it isnt unfair.. it's completely justified... why? because without
the MANGA there would be no ANIME... i hope you agree that the ANIME's
FOUNDATION lies within the MANGA, and if the MANGA's story isn't exactly GREAT
where can the anime go?

my first post in this thread was basically saying that I dont see how the show has any real
promise other than it being a highschool fighting anime with fanservice... that being said
i already emphasized what it was going to be...and since the ikkitousen anime came out
first and that didnt was seen as nothing more than a senseless fanservice fighting anime
by most people, even if it was a guilty pleasure for some, my prediction for tenten
is bleak...