View Single Post
Old 2012-03-25, 15:42   Link #222
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I'd prefer Mahouka over TAMNI. Mahouka has a lot of confusing fictional technical terms, some useless ones, but at least they sound right. And those terms will be used throughout the whole novel.

TAMNI, I really hate its term of magic. They're all useless stuffs we have to read to understand what nonsense magical power is being used as well as its fictional history. There seem to exist only Christian and Norse magic too. I can't even imagine how Touma could have survived all the crap he has been in. And mages just started training their body recently to counter Touma despite the fact that even if they use magic, they still need a very fit and tough body to fight. Also, they could have used guns...

Esper users are even more complicated. Railgun is too heavily underpower, the real thing should easily kill (vaporize) a person (or a bunch of people) if used, yet she used it quite frequently against people (especially the MC, but that's exception). I guess the author now has to rethink about what should he explain about Railgun now that the US military finally succeeded making it, and they're too overpower it scares me.

Still, the activation time of magic and how fast they can input codes on CAD in Mahouka is kind of superhuman already. Seriously, doing all that in milliseconds? I'd believe that if all they do is clicking a single button.