Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-27, 14:49   Link #1708
4Tran

Episode 7

That was a fun episode. Mako's grandmother is pretty entertaining, and the exposition is nicely nestled into the show. As expected, the Anzio battle was just a joke - there's no need to waste good tank ideas on that. The upgrades will make the Pravda fight all that more intriguing. It's too bad the Tiger isn't a Panther instead. A Pershing would have been a good choice as well.

The flashback of Miho's fight against Pravda explains what happened leading up to her transferring to Ooarai. It also tells us what a poor tactical move she made. You never move into tight terrain like that unless you're certain that there are no enemies in the vicinity. If they're there, then they will pick your entire force off while you're unable to respond or even to retreat properly. Miho should have sent a Pz. III ahead of the main group, and only have followed up when the path was clear. On the other hand, her rescue of the submerged Pz. III is commendable - any other action is unconscionable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
GuP still enjoyable and fun, just don't take it too seriously and concentrate more on the G side
Even so, they still talk about tanks in almost every scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulik View Post
Would make things very intresing, if this tank has an engine problem in the middel of fight with Pravda or Black Forest.
I think that would breaking down is one of the reason the Tiger is in the show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Finally, the reason why Black Forest lost the last tournament is revealed. Miho chose to save lives instead of winning - Yukari is right, Miho did the right thing. I do wonder why the Black Forest tank, the one that Miho abandoned, apparently stopped fighting the russians when Miho got out of it.
That Tiger I was in a really bad spot without Miho to command it. They have the choice of either advancing or stopping where they were, and without a commander to give orders and no one to peek out of the cupola, it's hard to know quite what to do. There's also the question of not being able to back up, and whether to leave Miho behind. It's also possible that the tank crew was trained to be low initiative and thus rely on the commander for all decisions.

Quote:
So two more tanks for Oorai, and the one in the shadows seems to be a strong one. Well, they probably need more tanks anyway because Pravda school looks tough.
A Porsche Tiger is a bit of a mixed bag. It has a big gun like a Tiger I and it has lots of armor, but it also broke down constantly. The original Henschel Tiger I had lots of teething problems to begin with, and the Porsche version was much worse.

Quote:
And lastly, italian team easily defeated. Are the italians outgunned, or was it because of Miho's superior tactics? I hope we at least get a little more info on how that match went in the next episode.
We probably won't get much about that fight because it's meant to be a joke. Anzio fielded a tankette for crying out loud, and their tanks are pretty darned bad. This is the one fight where the Type 89 might have even offensively contributed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
P.S : is Leo 2 tank good?
Arguably, the modern Leopard 2 variants are the best tanks in the world right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Theyre just better install a new engine so they could run faster and some additional armor...they would make a good bait, spotter, scout
They'd have to rebuild the gearbox, transmission and suspension as well. It'd also be against the tournament rules.