View Single Post
Old 2013-03-15, 19:23   Link #130
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Not sure how you measure 'great teacher', but Kakashi did raise a team that fell to pieces in less than a year, along with raising a missing-nin.
In my interpretation it never fell apart, it just finished like a high school would when people go to the university. After the timeskip both Naruto and Sakura returned to Kakashi's team. The only one who left the team was Sasuke but given the story there's no way anyone in the world could have stopped Sasuke from pursuing his revenge, his obsession with revenge was revived when Itachi mindraped him again. I don't think that raising a missing nin is a failure, all the great teachers in the anime raised one. That's called free will, and the teachers who don't let their apprentices have free will and feelings are like Danzou, and that is what i consider the real failure. Danzou created robots like Sai who have no feelings and no free will at all. Robots like that can never surpass their teachers, but the greatest achievemnt of a teacher can be if their students can successfully build on what they were teaching them and develop even greater things. In case of Kakashi both Naruto and Sasuke have surpassed him in what he was teaching them, the rasenshuriken and the kirin are the ultimate elemental jutsu.

It's quite obvious to me that the author wanted Kakashi to be The Sensei of the series, among all the teachers he is the one that was meant to be the best. If you think that Kakashi is a bad teacher then you are not satisfied with the author's performance in this matter.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote