Thread: Tales of Graces
View Single Post
Old 2010-07-29, 04:03   Link #280
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Yeah selling another 250,000-300,000 copies of a port of a game that drastically underperformed on the Wii is totally a waste of time. They should instead focus on making another Wii game (that will sell crap) because every Ps3 owner has a Wii as well.
Are you being sarcastic?

I'm only pointing out that the Wii game sold 200,000 copies, by logic won't it sell EVEN LESS on the PS3?

It's different for Vesperia because the 360 and PS3 user base is more divided. The 360 having a super weak install base (in Japan), I thought it was natural to port it to the PS3 and have it perform better. The Wii however is everywhere in Japan if you were interested enough to buy Tales of Graces, I don't see why you would buy it again on the PS3. Only super hard-core Tales fans that really want the extra content would purchase it on the PS3 as well.

And there is also the quality of the game itself that you have to factor in. Tales of Symphonia 2 was a let down in my opinion and it deserved the poor sales, I never played Graces myself so I don't know. There is also a mentality that this is a Wii port not a 360 port. Wii is hardly considered a current-gen system in the first place. If the game was made for Wii already, wouldn't people suspect that the quality of the game might not be on par to a 360/PS3 game? (I'm not saying that it isn't, I'm just pointing out the first thing that would come to a person's mind)

I'm not an industrial analyst, I'm obviously amateur, but this is just what I see. If you think my logic is flawed you can just point it out and explain it to me. I'm sorry if I said something idiotic.

Last edited by jonli; 2010-07-29 at 04:23.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote