View Single Post
Old 2011-11-06, 16:05   Link #103
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
I think it's not purely because Kotomine does not have any desire.

What I got about Kiritsugu(?) fearing him is that, Kotomine has nothing that interest him; he has no personality.
Well yes, that's also what I meant when I said Kiritsugu fears Kotomine's inner emptiness. Unlike with the other Masters whom the information Kiritsugu gathered on them was enough for him to feel prepared to face them, Kiritsugu feels as if he's got nothing on Kotomine that could make a difference and give him the upper hand in a confrontation. People in general fear the unknown and thus try to learn as much as they can about unknown concepts, because by understanding something it might be possible to conquer one's fear of it. But there's nothing in Kotomine that would allow Kiritsugu to truly understand him and predict his course of action or motivations, and thus Kiritsugu can't help but fear him the most out of all his opponents. Like you said, he's far and away the most dangerous and unpredictable opponent in a conflict such as the Holy Grail War.

This engaging dynamic between them is why I can't wait for our two leads to come face to face, but I guess Kotomine's encounter with Maiya will have to suffice for now. Kotomine himself said as much, because albeit disappointing that he found her and not the man he was expecting, he was still to learn something about him in the process and thus get one step closer to knowing his answer.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote