View Single Post
Old 2010-12-16, 06:04   Link #31
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Yeah, count me in as those who loved this episode, one of the best in the series perhaps. Well, perhaps I'm biased because Shiori is one of my favourite "conquest" (and definitely number one compared to all Keima got so far in the anime) but I think it's pretty well done, the BGM was great and the animation (like with the books) is amazing. Sure, maybe it's a bit different than in the manga, but I think it stands up pretty good on its own, even if it's not 100% faithful (and it still got the main parts right anyway).

Sure, the kiss felt abrupt but mirroring what you guys said, unlike with Kanon Shiori has to be kissed before she realized she needs one, and the fact that Keima isn't taking the easy way out of making Shiori depending on him but actually wants Shiori to grow out of his shell is great too. In fact, it may be important later...but I better stop before I spoiled anything. No, my main beef with the anime adaptation is that this should not be in a 1-cour series, this is much more fitting if it's a long-running anime like Fairy Tail. Sure, there's a sequel, but they'll lose a bit of gas...well, think of the first cour as an introduction arc, really.