View Single Post
Old 2012-07-14, 15:58   Link #363
Hmm....

Well, I think the real problem of this episode is that this episode is suppose to be Asuna's introduction episode. Yet, all they introduced us is, as oppose to sucidal solo rapier user Kirito saved from the dungeon and invited to the meeting, a plain quiet hood girl Kirito happen to partied with when he went to boss raid meeting. I found the latter not interesting at all. When you introduce a character and it is not interesting, that is a problem.

I don't know how deep is that bread conversation. I will need a sub for that. But frankly I don't feel it too sudden for Asuna to open to Kirito like that, because I didn't even feel anime Asuna is that close yet.

I do admit that my knowledge with novel do bias me here. I also believe that first-time viewer may not have a problem with this. What we got here is an generic anime girl of the week waiting for her turn to show up again in 3 episodes after Sachi and Silica which I fear wll face the same fate. So no harm done, to anime viewer that is.
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote