View Single Post
Old 2006-12-16, 19:36   Link #134
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I am very late in this discussion but i just have to get this off my chest before continuing with this series.
The episode was mostly great but even after reading only several chapters of the manga I can't help but feel that as hyped as it is, the storyline of the manga falls short of what Madhouse have achieved, namely the amazing atmosphere of the anime. I think that's the reason I got bored by the manga quickly and yet I am enthralled by the anime. Too bad they didn't choose to make a 20th Century Boys anime but Death Note... The moment when the snow started falling was a moment of genius and beauty, even though I was screaming at the one who came up with the plotline of the manga at the very same moment.
And yes, Naomi's death totally felt like a plot device. As said, you cannot be both smart enough to figure so many things about Kira on your own and stupid enough to spill the beans to a total stranger. And I already hate Light with a passion, if anything can make me stop this series at some point it will be his god-complex and general annoyingness (is that a word?).