View Single Post
Old 2008-01-30, 00:18   Link #32
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
By far FFVII. Storyline was epic and have birth to the best villian in the history of video games. in second place i would say X. Despite its horrible job syncing the dubbing, the storyline was quite interesting and the game play reminded me of my first RPG, Legend of Dragoon. In the most overrated category i think FFXII was the worst i've ever played. bland story, horrible battle system (which they decided to keep for future games to my dismay) and possibly the worst voice acting i've ever seen. In the most underrated category i'll throw my vote to FFX-2. while the "charlie's angels" feel was horrible, i dont think the storyline was completely horrible, plus i really enjoyed the changeable job function during battle.
I have to disagree with you on the battle system--I remember in a game called Seiken Densetsu 3, the system was a much cruder version of the gambit system since it was a real time battle, but you could only control one character at a time. The battle system wasn't what was wrong with FFXII but the sheer monotony of crawl through a 10 hour dungeon fighting bland monsters and get a piece of your bland story (and bear in mind a story is supposed to be the lifeblood of a FF) every once in FAR too long.

FFXIII I think will be far faster paced so the gambit system can work out, and if it's the FFVII and FFX teams combined working on it, then holy fucking shit.

Plus, FFXIII is on pace to be another "O_O" game...FFVII needs no explanation, FFX would have been that if not for FFVII, and FFXIII I hope will be the one to *dethrone* FFVII.