View Single Post
Old 2009-09-28, 10:44   Link #89
Envy
Band Nerd ♥
*Graphic Designer

I've been into classical music for a while, now. Still expanding, though, because really I haven't heard much of it.

My favorite genre has to be Baroque. It just has a really cool sound to it. I especially like the darker minor and slow movements. Those are just the best! But I also really like Summer of Vivaldi's Four Seasons.

I still can't understand why people consider classical music "relaxing" or "soothing", though. I guess what people listen to that makes them think that, I don't... To be honest, I oftentimes find some classical music to be boring. But it's that way with all genres.

I listen to awesome music like Vivaldi's Summer, as I mentioned earlier. But I like pieces and composers outside of the Baroque era, too. Of course Mozart has some pretty cool pieces, like the second movement of his 23rd Piano Concerto. (The "Adagio" movement) And I've always liked Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, I found a recording with all three movements and the last two movements are really awesome (and far from "relaxing"!)

And after taking Music Theory IV we learned a bit about Impressionistic music and although it's a genre I've only heard very little of, it's very interesting. I have one Debussy piece on my iPod and I really like it. It's an genre I'd like to start finding more of...

“The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.”
Envy is offline   Reply With Quote