Thread: Licensed Strike Witches 2
View Single Post
Old 2011-05-14, 23:27   Link #1066
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Technically there's not any mark-up at all, since you can buy it on Amazon.co.jp for the exact same cost in Yen as the Japanese pay. There's shipping costs too, but I think it's worth it.
"Technically" is the key the word, yes the item itself is nominally the same price, but the way you're ordering it you clearly know that doesn't mean anything. The shipping costs will at least double if not more the acutal cost, dance around it however you like it costs WAY more for someone overseas to buy it then it does for someone in Japan.

It is a personal call over if that's okay, but for me when it comes to something that could be trivially digitized and sold for the EXACT same price over the web... my willingness to pay a huge premium in shipping charges is non-existent. If this was a "real" item of some sort my threshold is much higher, but for what amounts to information in the digital age, I'm not willing to be gouged on shipping for something that there is very little reason couldn't be sold internationally at a flat price as digital media. I HIGHLY doubt I'm alone in this most people would like to support creators, but most people would also like to avoid being taken to the cleaners.

So yeah if they put them up for sale digitally even at the exact same price as the actual book I'd buy them in an instant, but I'm not going to pay way more for a physical copy becasue I had the misfortune to be born on the US East Coast.

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote