View Single Post
Old 2013-07-12, 22:07   Link #8623
novalysis

I don't think this is going to be solved by Keima's Galge Romance tactics. I really can't see this happening. Keima would probably have to look for a different solution, and get down to the root of Kaori's personality. I think the problem here is that Kaori has the initiative - and in most TGWOK arcs, it's usually Keima who has that initiative and control over the situation. I can only recall two arcs where that element is missing: Yui and Akari, and perhaps during the final chapters of Hinoki's arc.

But here, surrendering the initiative to the other party, in the manner of dealing with Yui is not an option at all. Kaori will not dance to Keima's tune, and Keima, I doubt would be able to force Kaori to dance to his tune with a romantic base approach. That did not work for Urarar either. The closest analogy to this situation from Keima's perspective would be the Yui goddess arc capture, but in that case, the target was friendly. In this case, the target is hostile, and actively seeks to undermine his moves, and strip him of the initiative.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote