View Single Post
Old 2010-02-16, 22:03   Link #2053
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Lol all that is just groundless opinion of fanboy trying to present it as an argument.

You cant really say that it will improve, it may go down to the rock bottom again, there is no such thing as definite when we talk about future and some people liked Ane-Doki, yes it was voted down but so is Medaka. For your info it is still in the bottom 5 after all.

The bigger difference is that Medaka Box seems to have Nishio's name protecting it rather than any other reasons.
Groundless? Lolwut?

I assume you're only talking about Medaka improving being opinion, so let's run with that.

I can't say for sure that it'll improve, just like no one in this thread could accurately predict it being canceled, because I'm not psychic and don't know the future. I can say, however, that in all likelihood it will improve. This isn't just me wanting it to get better, especially when you consider the fact that I never had a problem with it to begin with. I was perfectly happy with how it was the first 15 or so chapters, and beyond. This is a guess anyone could easily make, and should assume when you consider the author of the story.

This isn't a debut manga by a new mangaka, it's a first effort by an experienced and established author. Light novels are different than manga, yes, but writing is writing, and he'll get the hang of it eventually.

When you compare it to Ane Doki, a story written by an author that is known to have crappy stories, and eventually mess things up more often than not, it's not hard to see why Ane Doki was cut over Medaka Box.

You also can't mention Medaka's author as if Ane Doki doesn't have one. They both have authors, but one's name has clout and the other doesn't. That isn't dumb luck, you know. It's because one has shown skill in their craft, and the other hasn't. One was in a position to be given a chance, and the other has not only had many chances, but doesn't rise to the occasion when given those chances.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote