View Single Post
Old 2008-06-21, 10:54   Link #488
Sonus

I also liked the previous picture. It's application to occasions and seasons seemed never ending with the theme and style used.

Also, I haven't been around the forums much lately, but reading the responses to Takumy's work had me reading a bunch of crap about how creating works and putting them out in public view makes it subject to good/bad criticism. This is not true. It only subjects the work to being COMPARED to what's already out there. If it's the style that'll be discussed, it will be compared. If it's the theme, colors, or something else, then it will be compared. To say it is bad, disgusting, not good, horrible, stupid, or whatever is blatant disregard that you're basing the criticism on nothing. Criticism should not be without reason. Explain why it isn't so good. What is "good" then? The "good" that would put the discussed work to shame? If it is good, why is it good?

You people know exactly what I mean. Back in the 1920s, 40s, 60s, certain styles were considered good, great, beautiful, lovely, dashing, and fashionable! Women were probably slightly chubby/meaty for the era/time period. But look at today. What is fashionable/sexy now? What is currently acceptable? Anything created or formed is compared to what today's standards are considered acceptable for certain levels of critique. If you want to be recognized as having made something sexy, you need to follow the acceptable parameters that's widely accepted today. Thusly, something to compare new works with.

So, back off if you've got nothing but disregard for the rules of society and feel that your on-the-fly crap needs to be said. Or at least practice first before attempting. For example, look on the back of a NYTimes bestseller book and read the criticism provided there. They mention why the book is so good, or enjoyable. "Dan Brown provides a unique sense of mystery," blah, blah, and so on.

Anyway, Takumy, as a fellow fan of Kairin, I certainly wish you would shut out the people who are doing nothing but wasting your time. If they don't want to help you better you work with criticism that indicates what a problem is, you need not waste a drop of sweat for their sake. "The first time will be the last," for those people anyway. I understand it all started with an edit of your work without your consent and that hurts deeply. It is essentially someone taking something away and never giving it back so he, or she, can benefit. "Look what I did!"
Sonus is offline   Reply With Quote