View Single Post
Old 2011-07-25, 11:11   Link #23
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

All this time waiting, and this is what we got ? Son, I am disappoint.

The fact this wasn't going to be a serious episode became quite apparent early on, and I can live with that, but the actual contents of the episode were disappointing, to say the least. The jokes simply seemed to lack any punch potential, and were completely overshadowed by the blatant amounts of fanservice that was clearly the raison d'être of this OVA.

Sadly even this part felt lacking in innovation, and simply came across as the laziest possible way to do fanservice with minimal effort. I am quite fine with fanservice presented in amusing fashion (Sora no Otoshimono), and previous episodes of Higurashi have demonstrated the capacity as well, like the whole pool incident which was a lot of fun to watch. This thing simply lacked any spark though, and the whole deal with the guys sitting in a circle and unleashing a slideshow of service featuring the female cast of Higurashi was borderline boring. That, or making me facepalm. Pick your poison I guess.

There was hardly anything "Higurashi" about this episode, and I can't say I had fun watching it - because I didn't. I never thought that anything Higurashi would make me feel like wasted time, but Kira 01 certainly managed just that. OP was lazy as well, to say the least. Yeah ... lazy excuse for fanservice sums this up pretty nicely. Character designs were not exactly the best Higu has to offer either.

Definitely a big disappointment after all this time.