View Single Post
Old 2012-01-01, 14:26   Link #26796
Drifloon

Quote:
Except this is a story, so whether George might do this is entirely within the author's control. Explaining it away as "had he done this the whole thing would've been wrecked, and I gave him no particular motive not to do this, but luckily he didn't!" is pretty weak.

There was never actually any chance of George seeing Shannon's face, or Battler groping her breasts, because the author didn't allow that to happen. But neither did she adequately provide appropriate motivation for them not to do the things that they ended up not doing.
I'm not sure what you're complaining about here. If Yasu HAD been found out, then of course she would have given in and accepted her defeat. At that point, any further plans she had would be ceased. She intentionally left points at which her crime might fall apart because she wanted the game to be fair - meaning that there must be a decent chance for her to lose. Obviously, that doesn't happen in any of her message bottles that lay out possible paths the crime might take, because if she was found out, those plans would stop.

Quote:
Except she's shot in the head. This was basically true of ep2 as well. You have to be really committed to believing this is all a gag, especially since Krauss and Natsuhi, unlike the servant accomplices, actually do know that real murder is happening.
Uh......no they don't.

Piece-Beatrice explains that she won't make them help commit any weird crimes. She just wants to put on a performance to entertain a certain person. They have a relationship founded on enjoying and arguing about mystery novels, so she wants to celebrate his return after 6 years by putting on a mystery for him.

Beato says that Krauss and Natsuhi's roles will be to act as characters in Piece-Beatrice's play and follow her scenario

Krauss and Natsuhi definitely did not think anyone was actually being killed.

As for the thing about them not noticing Shannon's death: what would you think in that situation? I don't know about you, but I'd definitely assume that it's just some really convincing make-up and she's not actually dead, because the alternative - that she's been deceiving you about the corpses being faked and she actually has been murdering your whole family with your help - is just too horrifying to seriously consider.
Drifloon is offline   Reply With Quote