Thread: Licensed Mouretsu Pirates
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-08, 01:32   Link #229
DangerMouse

Huh I liked how Marika actually didn't feel particularly clueless or brainless and she actually displayed brains in the simulator just as much as skill for stuff like piloting and watching and intelligently using various information gauges and using the information so I didn't think she came off as clueless or a hothead who doesn't think, except for with the thugs in the suits at the end for the comedy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
and no crappy fanservice despite the title. Oohh, tasteful?
Liked that too, was quite pleasantly surprised. Only thing I could have done without perhaps would have been with her working somewhere other than a maid cafe but they were surprisingly understated and quite tame with it and actually made it come off as a cafe and less of being there just for camera to show the maid outfits.

The thug scene was pretty amusing and liked the moment where her friend popped up and shuffled/flashed over to Chiaki to take her order lol. Chiaki's moment with the desert was pretty funny. Marika was my favorite in the premiere though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
quite an interesting anime. I really want to know how pirates can be legal. How can it work in this universe?

now let's hope the main lead doesn't disappoint. I hate it when a person who should be a normal person with average knowledge suddenly knows the trade of something that he hasn't come across before, and actually get to excel in it.
Speaking of this I liked that the creators naturally developed it to give her a time where at least she was able to do some researching (for a non-coincidental reason for a change too) which I liked so she'll at least have a reason to know at least a little bit about it, as you said I kind of hope she doesn't just "get" how the ship works best and instead hope they have to teach her a bit about the ship and how their piracy works.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-01-08 at 02:02.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote