Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-16, 18:03   Link #575
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Here's my take on E7AO: It's a sequel to the themes, but not a sequel in sense of storyline. The show is intended as a follow-up in the sense that fans of the original series would feel familiar with the themes expressed in the world and technology, as well as the characters designs and general feel of the show.

I think Ao is certainly the son of Renton and Eureka, but they will not explicitly be the Renton and Eureka of the E7 TV series or the E7 movie. Renton and Eureka represent Kyoda's specific vision of the boy meets girl theme in stories. To put a spin on AO, instead of making it another parallel story about Renton meeting Eureka again, instead he is making sequel to that story concept now. So this is a story about a new generation after Renton meets Eureka, but it is a sequel to the E7 concept itself, and not any specific E7 story (TV, movie, manga, etc).

In Kyoda's mind, there are probably an unlimited number of possibly variations of the original E7 story, and this is intended to be a follow-up to all of them, but none of them specifically. That's what I think is happening here.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote