View Single Post
Old 2012-09-04, 11:33   Link #4006
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

The drama among the English pundits + Liverpool fans/trolls on the Guardian blogs is positively hilarious.

Brendan Rodgers had three matches, one of which a ridiculously unsettled Liverpool almost played last year's champions Man City off the field. And then they suffered an early season defeat from a remarkably solid Arsenal. Conclusion: OFF WITH HIS HEAD. THEY KILLED KING KENNY!

It even comes with the usual Liverpool is two signings away from CL challenge/no Liverpool is doomed like Leeds and Blackburn back and forth. I suppose that's the curse of once being one of English football's greats and with a massive worldwide fanbase. People expect things.

To be fair, before this victory Arsenal had to suffer the same pundit/fan rage because Arsène didn't buy a Messi on the last day of the transfer window and therefore Arsenal didn't spend the money it should (it...did, viva Cazorla). Me, in Arsène I trust. He had his team's heart ripped out as often as, well, Liverpool and still embarks on a regular title challenge. That guy knows football.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote