View Single Post
Old 2013-01-16, 17:35   Link #5152
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
So there's something I should mention, which I don't think was ever addressed in the novelization of Endless Waltz (I think). I'm specifically referring to the end of the Gundam Wing novelization (which inadvertently Tokita must have followed for his Wing manga adaptation). Basically it's as follows:

- Relena receives a letter from a certain someone.
- She reads it, pales then starts running.
- Letter basically states that the Gundam pilots know nothing but how to fight and can't adapt to the new world and that the only way they can continue living is through battle. The red planet awaits them and that 'he' plans to lose himself in this new fight, a fight that isn't to kill but to stay alive.

- Relena sees the five boarding the shuttle, she yells out to deliver it in person and swears Heero mutters 'wait for me'.

Quote:
Time passes. Even now, the six Gundams that symbolize peace remain, scattered throughout the world with words applauding their pilots.

Wing is in the Asia area.
Deathscythe Hell is in an L2 colony.
Heavyarms is in Europe.
Sandrock is in the Middle East.
Altron is in an L5 colony.
Wing Zero is in an L4 colony.
However, to this day, not even the remains of the last unit, the Epyon, were ever discovered.
Alas Sumizawa wasn't responsible for it... Sou Kamishiro was :P
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote