View Single Post
Old 2007-04-10, 14:34   Link #363
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post
eh? but the yoma only found out about Clare's interest in Raki the day before. It would not have needed a claymore outfit to fool someone till Raki so any Claymore it might have gotten it from was killed only within the day?
That makes sense, unless the yoma killed the claymore sometime ago and kep the outfit. (That's what I've always assumed.) Or maybe the yoma can make such things out of his body. Episode one hasn't taught us about the limits of their impersonation power.

Quote:
I find that hard to believe even when Clare claimed that it was possible for her to die at the hands of the yoma. I mean wasn't she sent alone to deal with it? Based on the OP there seems to be more claymores so sending just one indicates that they were confident she could win. (otherwise send two or more right?)
It is possible that accidents happen that can get Claymores killed such as ambushes. It is also possible that the strength of Claymores and Yoma vary. We also have a lot more to learn about the organization she works for. Maybe it is just their way to always send a single Claymore to find out if the Yoma is strong enough to warrant sending a group. You're just making assumptions based on the fact that OP shows other Claymores. You don't yet know if they are coworkers, friends, teachers, rivals or enemies.

Quote:
off topic: must suck to be a moderator for a show you like cause you have to read any posts reported to contain spoilers.
It does, but this one wasn't even reported... I just blundered right into that... I feel sorry for anyone who got there before I did since that tidbit forced me re-evaluate a number of things I thought I knew about the story. I'm going to insist that any discussion related too much to manga not happen in this thread. I will be brutal.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote